Saturday, April 23, 2016

Racerback Maxi



It's not really spring yet here in Colorado since there's still a bit of snow on the ground and we might get another storm later this week, but I feel the need to push things a bit. This sleeveless maxi dress fits the bill. This single knit beauty came from my stash, originally purchased at Colorado Fabrics in Denver on their flat-fold table (meaning no info on fabric type). It has a lot of crosswise stretch and I suspect it's 100% polyester. I keep receipts for what I've paid for all the fabric I purchase and this little number was $4.50. Score! I used McCalls 6559, size 12. The neckline on this puppy is really low still even after I took in an additional 5/8" seam at the shoulder. This alteration also brought the sleeve depth up some which is a good thing to hide the underarm bulge (almost!). I love the racerback detailing. The armholes and neckline are all finished with a simple turn under and topstitched technique. I used my Janome coverstitch which did a really nice job. 



I wore the dress on a Denver shopping expedition with my friends today (shout out to Deb and Kimmi!) and it was really comfortable even though the promised 77° didn't happen. This was actually my "muslin" for this pattern, and I have a fun shibori print I plan to use for a shorter version. The pattern features a front tie cover-up which will be nice to have with the cool Colorado evenings. Definitely a go-to pattern and dress for summer. Now back to my arm exercises!




Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© patterned | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig