Sunday, July 23, 2017

Indigo Windowpane Tunic


In an earlier post, I showed the fabric I dyed last year in an indigo-dyeing class taught by Ruth Chandler of the Thread Lab in Colorado Springs. This rayon fabric from Dharma Trading Company was one of my favorites from that day. It's so breezy and comfortable, and I love the styling on the sleeves.


The bodice and skirt are simple rectangle shapes which worked well for the folded shibori technique I used when dyeing the pieces. The ombre effect happens as some of the fabric is less exposed to the indigo dye when it is folded up. I used office alligator clips to secure 4" boards to the outsides of the folded squares. The sleeves came from McCalls 6793. I love the length and the shape of them.


I couldn't resist showing off my newly-painted and organized closet. We chose bright white for the walls and put LED bulbs in the fixtures. Not shown are two large shelves for all my SHOES! I feel like I'm walking into a department store every time I go in it. It makes me happy.

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© patterned | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig